Provisional Psychologist / Counsellor
BSc (Hons) Psychology
“While pain is inevitable, suffering is optional” – M. Kathleen Casey
Donna is a Provisional Psychologist/Counsellor who is currently completing her Master of Psychology (Clinical) at Bond University. She has recent experience working at the Lavender Mother and Baby’s Inpatient Unit at Gold Coast University Hospital and the Bond University Psychology Clinic.
Donna has experience working with a range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, psychosis, attachment and relationship issues, trauma, and grief. She has also assessed and treated various neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, specific learning disorders, and mild cognitive impairments using empirical measures. Donna has conducted research in the areas of personality in the workplace and cognitive load in complex environments.
How can Donna help you:
Donna is warm and empathetic in her approach and focuses primarily on building rapport with her clients. She has a keen interest in working with children, adolescents and young adults to support their required needs. Donna can also provide cognitive, educational, and diagnostic assessments in support of educational support or funding applications.
Areas of Interest:
- Anxiety, OCD, specific phobias and related disorders
- Depression and mood disorders
- Stress related concerns/ life stressors
- Identity issues and self-esteem
- Emotional and coping difficulties
- Personality vulnerabilities
- Child-parent attachment
She is also available for:
- Assessments of academic achievement, cognitive abilities, memory, and personality.
- Psychological reports for funding or educational support applications.
Types of therapies used:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)