BPsychSc(hons), GCertHProfEd, Assoc MAPS
“Within dysfunction there is a function”
Dale is a registered psychologist who is nearing the end of a PhD in Clinical Psychology. He helps adults, older adults, adolescents, and families cope with difficult emotions, challenging behaviours, and relationship problems. Dale uses interventions with the best evidence to treat a range of mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, trauma, personality disorders, attachment, and relationship issues. Dale can provide a variety of assessments to help clarify diagnoses, gain a better understanding of client strengths and needs, and assist with applications for support and funding.
Dale’s research area is in digital mental health (see list of publications here), with a focus on the applications of mindfulness-based interventions using virtual reality. Dale has experiencing lecturing and tutoring both Psychology and First Peoples Health at Griffith University. Dale is a proud of his Aboriginal heritage and his connection to Biripi and Wiradjuri NSW.
How Dale can help you:
Dale practices with authenticity, non-judgement, empathy, and compassion to support others in reaching their goals and achieving their potential.
Areas of Interest:
- Anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorders, specific phobias, and social anxiety
- Mood and related disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, and dysthymia
- Stress issues such as occupational burnout, adjustment, health concerns, pain, and sleep issues
- Working with families and family systems
- Emotional and coping difficulties
- Self-compassion, self-care, and interpersonal communication
- Personality and relationship concerns
- Child-parent attachment and parenting skills training
- Trauma/ PTSD
- Cultural and identity issues
He is also available for:
- Assessments of academic achievement, cognitive ability, neurodevelopmental and functional capacity, and personality assessments.
- Psychological reports for funding and/or education support
- Assessment and interventions with Aboriginal peoples.
Types of therapy used:
Dale applies an integrative approach that is informed by:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion-Focused and Trauma Informed Therapy
- Motivational interviewing, supportive psychotherapy, and collaborative problem solving
- Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society