Clinical and Counselling Psychologist
Jude has worked and lectured in the disciplines of psychology, sociology, counselling and education. This has given her an ability to practice as a clinical psychologist with an appreciation of a range of theories, models and clinical issues for clients and colleagues in the field.
People who access Jude’s experience can be assured of assistance in managing their personal/professional lives and stressors more effectively. Personal Qualities of confidentiality, flexibility, excellent communication skills and good analytical skills ensure a respectful and responsive service mindful of differing client’s and colleague’s needs.
How Jude can help you:
Jude believes in helping you develop greater self awareness providing constructive strategies for managing and dealing with emotional and lifespan challenges. A warm and caring approach helps to create the comforting environment that promotes a sense of hope and improvement in each client’s experience.
A number of therapeutic approaches are offered. The particular therapy depends upon the needs of the client, however common approaches are evidence based interventions such as Acceptance and Committment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Solution-focused Cognitive Therapy (ST) and Psychotherapy.
Areas of Interest:
Jude currently works in the assessment and treatment of adults 25 years and over with a broad range of mental health issues including;
• Adjustment to lifespan challenges and change
• Assertiveness skills and dealing with conflict
• Bereavement/Loss/Complex grief
• Building confidence and self worth
• Career development
• Communication Skills
• Coping with health and illness challenges
• Facing fears and setting goals
• Fertility issues
• Improving relationships
• Work related stress and challenges
• Stress management
• Worry and generalised anxiety
She is also available for;
• Group work and facilitation
Types of Therapy used:
• Acceptance and Committment Therapy (ACT)
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Interpersonal Psychotherapy
• Solution-focused Cognitive Therapy (ST)
Australian Psychological Society
For more information about Jude’s areas of interest, training and publications click here