Michelle only works out of our rooms at Ormeau Woods State High School. This is an outreach service for the school community.
Michelle is a registered clinical psychologist, who completed her Masters of Psychology (Clinical) in 2011. Michelle has worked in the field of trauma since 2012, with a focus on complex childhood trauma, including child sexual assault, abuse and neglect. Michelle has worked in private practice in Darwin and the Gold Coast, in university settings and within not-for-profit organisations. She is passionate about helping children, young people and their families achieve their goals. Michelle also holds a special interest in anxiety disorders across the lifespan, and cognitive and learning assessments.
How can Michelle help you:
Michelle will provide a warm, caring environment to share your concerns, and work collaboratively to achieve your goals.
Areas of Interest:
• Parenting skills/parent-child therapy
• Family therapy
• Attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder
• Substance use disorders
• Professional supervision
• Antenatal and Postnatal care
Types of Therapy used:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
She is also available for:
Cognitive, Psychosocial, and Behavioural based assessments
Psychological reports collated for diagnostic purposes, funding applications, and educational support