For people with severe and enduring mental health concerns
From 1 July 2018 a new service commenced on the Gold Coast for people with severe mental illness. This service is called the Plus Social program.
The Plus Social program provides:
- Service information, intake and triage service into currently funded Gold Coast Primary Health Network (GCPHN) organisations
- Clinical care coordination, and
- After hours community-based space (known as The Hub).
The clinical care coordination component provides:
- supports for individuals with, or for young people at risk of, severe mental illness
- time limited (up to 26 weeks) clinical care coordination and wellbeing program
- structured, recovery and goal oriented services focused on creating significant improvements in quality of life, health and wellbeing
- the patient-centred medical home and healthcare neighbourhood model, to support integrated care and enhanced community access to supports.
Plus Social is run by Primary and Community Care Services (PCCS).
The after hours drop-in service at The Hub in Mermaid Beach is open 6pm-10pm weekdays and 11am-10pm weekends for new and existing clients of Plus Social.
Address: 2580 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach QLD 4218.
For more information please phone 07 3186 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals to the Plus Social program can only be from a GP or private psychiatrist.