We remain committed to continuing to provide a safe and compassionate service to our clients.
In the difficult context of COVID-19, we have given great thought to how we may approach the coming weeks with measured Wise Mind action as a response as a Community.
• We ask any of my patients/clients/accompanying supports with flu-like symptoms to not attend the Lakeside Rooms practice, we can in some circumstances offer telehealth sessions as an alternative.
• In some circumstances a Medicare rebate will be available
• Phone, Facetime, Zoom or Skype modes of accessing service may be available. Please advise of this need by telephone to Reception.
• Any patient needing to cancel due to concerns regarding their symptoms or the risk to a family member that they care for, may not incur the less than 24 hr notice cancellation fee depending on circumstances.
If you are considering Telehealth sessions, please consider if this is an appropriate medium for you or your child. Some people may find it difficult to engage in sessions of this medium.
If you are using Medicare for your child, the child does have to be present for part of these sessions.
How might we all contribute?
• Lakeside Rooms has asked all Practitioners and team members to use anti-bacterial wipes to clean surfaces & doorknobs on an hourly basis in consulting and waiting areas
• We ask all clients to please use hand sanitiser on arrival to Lakeside Rooms
• Please practice cough & sneeze hygiene practices
• Please keep abreast of the latest information disseminated by the Department of Health. At this stage, cautious and calm action is encouraged.
The Australian Psychological Society has also developed a useful Information Sheet: Tips for coping with coronavirus anxiety.
Whilst we continue about our lives as usual, prioritising mental and physical health, local businesses and washing our hands dozens of times a day, I know our community has the capacity to show consideration, support and connection during this time.